Western Motel by Edward Hopper
- rediscovering art
- the cold war
- what was happening at the time in art and politically
- influences of the artist
- his history
- tarantino feel
- what is the car doing there?
- the suitcase?
- the red dress and what it represents?
- pop art feel
My ideas for the pitch
ALL ABOUT THE SUITCASE
- femme fatale archetype
- black and white to contrast bright colours of the painting
- packing to leave a murder scene in a hurry
- a doublecross
- old fashioned trunk on top of a dresser, reflection in mirror on top of it
- bundling clothes in quickly
- use of shadows
- blue fabric on chair in motel is evidence linking her to the crime
- our leading lady playing poker at a table
- the room and layout echoes the colors in the painting
- close ups on cards
- tension on faces
- few words
- suitcase is the prize, what’s in it? as usual we never find out?
- big reveal at end, she’s been cheating and it’s something to do with the blue fabric